Saturday, April 09, 2005

FENG SHUI OR COINCIDENCE?

A few things have happened lately to give this more thought... all related to job related stuff..


Watched a bit of Ms Feng-Shui-Queen Lilian Too's show on Astro during the beginning of year... I'm a pig, as in chinese zodiac animal, erm.. quite a pig also in real life la.. haha.. anyway, this year is supposed to be good luck for pigs, especailly career wise.. and graduates living in houses with the front door aligned along the north-south direction will have a successful career this year..

Wow. Such wonderful words to hear for the 15 mins or so... it's like saying like free flow of alcohol every time I go clubbing...hahahhaha....never really bothered about it after that.

Anyway, Feng Shui or Coincidence?

ONE
Mrs Wong asked me to put this small piece of crystal in the north-east corner of my room to generate good CHI... OK. I put it there.. landed my first ever interview after CNY, and a few after that.. one day I realized it disappeared and found it in the crack between my bed and the wall... no calls for interviews within that time.. Dug it out, placed it in it's rightful place, and interview calls starting coming in again.

TWO
After the first few weeks of interviews, the initial ones asked me to wait for at least a few weeks for a reply.. OK.. so had to start from scratch again..My table was a mess, with recruitment ads flooding my table... You could barely see the wood beneath the the black and white ads. Mrs Wong intervened and forced me to clean my table..

" to bring in the good CHI "

So I cleaned it, knowing she won't shut up and leave me alone until I did it.. coincidentally a few mins later, I receive a few calls for interviews after a dry spell.


THREE
Just last week, Royal Selangor, which I had a good feeling about, told me they needed another 2 more weeks to browse thru more resumes and conduct more interviews. OK. After breakfast, Mrs Wong asks me to try another Feng Shui gimmick. So we lifted the sofa, swept all the dust behind it.. kononnyer to sweep away the bad CHI and let the good CHI flow in.. About 2 mins after putting the sofa back, I get a phone call. From HR from ateteavee.

" Bhenjaemin Whong? Your offer letter is ready.. When can you come and collect it? "


Fu la mak.

What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue Ice said...

Well I would say its both. My aunty is soooo into 'Feng Shui' and it really works for her and her family. If you believe it does, then it will. Thats what I've always believe in la. Never say never.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Conducting effective conference calls va loan mortgage refinancing Affordable heating and air conditioning 2005 new suzuki clearance 1960 mercedes parts rear view mirror

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home